hidden hit counter

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Huh?

...is all I have to say about tonight's Montreal-Philadelphia game. I don't really understand how the Canadiens could go from being so awful to so competitive in a matter of a night. Maybe Bob Gainey and Guy Carbonneau's strategy of team-building and a relaxed atmosphere is working... for now.

And to think that Jan Bulis was going to be scratched tonight. Perhaps it's just what he needed - the motivation to prove his coach wrong for even considering it. But why would Gainey scratch one of the Habs' most consistent and reliable players this year in the first place? In any case, congratulations to Bulis on an amazing game and on a spectacular season; he's been one of the few positives on this team full of negatives.

All I know is that the Canadiens were given the wrong nickname, the "Cardiac" Canadiens, at the beginning of the season. These are the Bipolar Canadiens. Will their manic stage extend past one game? Stay tuned.

Update: After reading jeff j's comment on my previous post, I realized he answered my question as to why Bulis would have been scratched. That one definitely did not cross my mind for some reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home