hidden hit counter

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Banner change

I have changed the banner of this website to reflect my displeasure with goaltender José Theodore. In my opinion, the best players deserve to be featured in prominence, and Theodore has lost his status as such.

As well, I added the faces of who I believe to be the three quintessential Canadiens - Richard, Béliveau, and Lafleur - to the banner, placing them in a way that makes them seem as if they are watching over the current Canadiens. I did this for two reasons: One, because I believe that every player who ever wears a Habs jersey should conduct themselves on the ice as these men did, although I don't believe that's the case at all today; and two, because every time I go on an angry rant about the ineffectual season the Canadiens are having, I do it with these men in mind. They would have stood for nothing less than success, and, as a commentator on the team, neither do I. It's too bad none of the players seem to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home