hidden hit counter

Monday, March 13, 2006

Shame on Leaf nation

Here's an article from today's Globe and Mail about the shameful ignorance displayed by the Toronto - uh...I mean, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, who broadcast the Leafs-Lightning game over the Habs-Rangers one and barely gave any mention to Bernard Geoffrion's passing or his jersey retirement. It just makes you hate the CBC and the Leafs even more.

I, for one, am going to watch as many playoff games as I can on SRC/RDS (hopefully SRC will simulcast for the playoffs while I'm still in Kingston) and TSN. The CBC doesn't deserve my viewership anymore, and I urge you all to take a stance against them as well.


3 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That article was right on the mark. When was the last time the CBC broadcast a non-Leafs game on the front end of a Saturday night doubleheader? I wonder what would happen if the Leafs didn't play at all on a Saturday -- would the CBC instead play re-runs of some insipid British soap?

I guess the good part about all this is my French is immensely better, thanks to 82+ games on RDS every year.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Jeff J said...

Hey, CBC already broadcast Tie Domi's 1000th game ceremony the week before. How could any Montreal Canadiens tribute ever hope to compare? Maybe if Boom Boom had managed to play 1000 games like the mighty Tie (let's ignore the fact that Domi averaged 15 seconds of ice time per game), then they might have shown it.

I mean, how many ceremonies can Leaf Fans be expected to sit through, anyway?

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger d b said...

Well said, jeff j...

Hopefully, the Leafs won't make the playoffs this year. That way, CBC will be forced to forget about their favourite team for awhile. I plan on boycotting the CBC during the playoffs anyways; RDS will do just fine. I encourage you to do the same, and pass the word on!

Keep reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home