hidden hit counter

Monday, March 27, 2006

Fun stuff

Two things I've come across in my travels around the Internet: One is a tribute, of sorts, to Alex Kovalev's hit on Darcy Tucker. Man he is awesome.

The second is a cartoon from the CBC's online cartoonist, Charlie Teljeur, dissing the Maple Leafs. I know, I know, I was shocked too. I guess they realize they'll have to appeal to a different fan base these playoffs.

Finally, in case you haven't heard, the Canadiens inked prospect Kyle Chipchura to a 3-year contract. Chipchura has enjoyed a great season with the Prince Albert Raiders, and will join the Hamilton Bulldogs for the remainder of their season.

The Canadiens' scouting has been blamed for the ineptitude of Habs teams in the recent past, but they're definitely making strides in the opposite direction. Craig Rivet, Saku Koivu, Andrei Markov, Francis Bouillon (not drafted), Chris Higgins, Alexander Perezhogin, Tomas Plekanec, Mike Komisarek, and Michael Ryder are all originaries of the Canadiens' system.* And doesn't Bob Gainey look like a genius for dealing for Kovalev, Garth Murray, Radek Bonk, Cristobal Huet, and Mathieu Dandenault now?

*I know Mike Ribeiro was drafted by the Canadiens, but I didn't list him because I don't think he's an asset to the team, and I think his tenure in Montreal will be over soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home