hidden hit counter

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Habs Win

Being back home for the holidays, I was finally able to attend my first game since before the lockout Tuesday night. I picked a good night to win: Theodore was looking sharp, the Canadiens were running on all cylinders, and, to top it all off, they actually scored some goals. Minus the entire second period, which was probably the worst display of back-to-back dumping and chasing I've ever seen, it was a fun game to go to. Hopefully the Habs will build on their momentum from the Phoenix win and on the returns of Saku Koivu and Alex Kovalev to put together another winning streak.




In other news, the Maurice Richard movie was excellent and is a must-see. It captures the era tremendously (not that I would know, but my grandmother told me!) and, save for some minor details which where changed around for various reasons, sheds some light onto what it was like to be in Montreal and play in the NHL in the 1940's and '50s for those of us who weren't around to witness it first-hand. A compelling story on an incredible human being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home